Food is an essential part of our lives. In fact, many people love eating a variety of foods. I love eating different foods from all over the world such as spaghetti, gyros, tacos, and sushi. I also love eating American cuisine such as hot dogs, apple pie, hamburgers, and fried chicken. In short, I am excited to try new dishes whenever I have the chance. However, there are strange international dishes that are good eating once people get passed their names or their ingredients. Here are ten tempting traditional foods from around the world that could be music to the taste buds and the stomach.
1. Vegemite: Vegemite comes from Australia. It is a dark brown paste made from used brewers’ yeast. Australians put vegemite on toast and sandwiches. Its texture is salty, bitter and malty. Therefore, it tastes a bit like beer. If you aren’t a fan of beer then, you might not like vegemite. But, vegemite is a weird food worth eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in small doses.
2. Musk Sticks: Musk Sticks from Australia seem like something that people would wear; however, they are Australian candy. Musk sticks are pink and have the flavor and aroma of musk perfume. If you like musk perfume then musk sticks are the the treat to eat.
3. Spotted Dick: Okay, before I am accused of saying something sexual, I must confess that spotted dick is an English pudding. This is a strange dish because it is both a sweet ande savory pudding made with raw beef or mutton fat served with custard. This pudding also has dried fruits in it. The fruit is how the pudding gets its spots. In short, both its name and ingredients might make spotted dick hard to eat.
4. Blood Pudding: Blood pudding comes from England and could be a favorite food of Dracula’s. This is because there is blood in blood pudding. It seems like this interesting pudding would be an acquired taste. It would be good cuisine for the adventuous eater.
5. Haggis: This strange international dish comes from Scotland and its ingredients mostly come from various sheep parts. In addition, there is a no meat version of haggis. The name might not grab your attention but Haggis is interesting cuisine.
6. Frog Legs: Frog Legs come from France and are usually cooked in batter with a lemon sauce. I have never eaten frog legs but, I would like to eat them because I like fried chicken and I am told that frog legs taste like chicken. Every strange dish is claimed to taste like chicken.
7. Escargots: This interesting food comes from France and the French its name in English tranlates to snails. This is probably why escargots are an acquired taste. France is a food capital so many people will be willing to try escargots at least once.
8. Lutefisk: Lutefisk is a fish dish that comes from Norway. Lutefisk is simply witefish or cod that is soaked in lye. In the United States, Lutefisk is found and eaten in Minnesota. This weird food is best eaten while holding your nose.
9. Stinky Tofu: This traditional cuisine comes from Taiwain and is a must eat for tofu lovers. This is due to the fact stinky tofu is just fermented tofu.
10. Roasted Ants: Roasted Ants comes from Columbia. They are usually served in paper cones at movies. Look out popcorn.
Food is an essential part of our lives. There are many delicious foods from around the world just waiting to be discovered and sampled. I love food and can’t wait to taste some of these tasty international treats. Source: www.wikipedia.org