You might be wondering why a girl would be writing an article about Playboy celebrities. Well, it’s not that shocking and, yes, I am not shy to say that I know of Playboy. My connections to the people interested in Playboy and other pornography (nude art, as some call it) companies will remain a detail I keep to myself unless you know me well.
I want to share with you ten celebrities that I am familiar with that have posed for Playboy. None are too recent other than Debbie Gibson that I shall name. Most are “hits”, but I do mention a “miss”
1. Pamela Anderson: My view, A Hit. She posed in the February 1990 edition of Playboy in a circus setting wearing red and might I add that her upper measurements don’t seem to be all that I recall in other pictures taken of her. She became a well known star on TV’s Baywatch (not that I cared for that show and it’s slow motion effects) and made appearances in movies including the movie for Baywatch. (This I was un aware to have been made into a movie until recent.) The sex icon went on to marry several times and one of her beaus was the musician Tommy Lee. We can safely say that posing did her reputation good.
2. Kim Basinger: A Hit. She posed for Playboy to promote the James Bond film Never Say Never with her role as a Bond girl named Domino Petachi in the October 1983 issue. I’d say it was a very saucy photo. She did go on to make some great films. And even though her marriage to Alec Baldwin ended not too long ago, she still remains a fine actress. Not nessaccarily a sex icon but posing for Playboy didn’t hurt her any.
3. Adrianne Curry: A Hit: February 2006 was good to the recent 2008’s Top 25 Sexiest women and Top 100 Playboy Spreads. Her recent work for January 2008 shows that she definitely had potential for a return from her first appearance in 2006. I’ll describe her pictures as “high class” indoors and out. Looks like this Top Model really knew the business she was getting into. And I will state that she quite attractive. Lets not forget her photo shoots for Maxim as well where she also holds titles as one of the Maxim Hot 100 in 2005. She makes her way into game shows like Ballbreakers, Gameshow Marathon, and the Match Game. Along with film appearances in “Rock Me Baby” and “Half and Half”, in television “Dirt” starring Courtney Cox. Keep you eye out for her in the music video, ‘Just The Girl’ performed by Click Five.
4. Bo Derek: A sad, sad miss. March 2008, on a nude beach setting with her greyhound. She also was on the cover dressed in swimwear, but the pics did nothing for her reputation as a publicly labeled bad actress. In fact she holds the title as given by the Golden Raspberry Worst Actress Award in 1981 for her role in “Tarzan, The Ape Man” and 1990’s “Ghosts Can’t Do It” AND also included is the “Worst Actress of the Century” in 2009. Sorry, Bo but I guess your jungle days are over.
5. Carmen Electra: A Hit. And why wouldn’t it be. She is a big, big sex icon. Any man who doesn’t know her doesn’t know hot. She’s made six appearances. Six! Count them boys, and enjoy them. Her first appearance was in May 1996. She shared the screen with Pamela Anderson in Baywatch and become one of two hosts that I recall for MTV’s Singled Out. Yes, I watched that show as a young age. She was a huge sex icon among many and still is. You may well remember her TV show with her ex-husband titled, “‘Till Death Do Us Part”. It wasn’t bad, wish I could see re-runs. One of her many lovers was the colorful Dennis Rodman, the retired basketball player for the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks.
The issues in which she appeared after 1996 are June 1997, December (and cover) 2000, April 2003, January 2009, and the 55th Anniversary Issue 2009.
6. Debbie Gibson: A momentary Hit. If you think of the 1980’s, you can easily name of big hit musicians pretty easily as well as a list of songs by all of them. Debbie Gibson was one of the many stars that had popular albums. In March 2005 she wanted to promote one of her singles, “Nude” and posed for Playboy. The song made it to #35 on the Billboard list for “Hot Single Sales” that same month. Since then she’s been big in touring and appearing in Gay Pride parades, and getting involved in charities and music festivals. So, while the photo helped her single and possibly her album (I never bought it) it only worked for the time being.
7. Lisa Guerraro: A Miss. I guess have a resume that lists being a correspondent for Inside Edition news magazine had nothing to do with her pics in Playboy’s January 2006 issue. Some may have known who she was but I easily passed her by as a big celebrity. She went to co-host for VH1’s ‘The World Series of Pop Culture” But now writes a blog for LA Times Sports Section. Maybe just being in the news biz is more fit for her. Though she does have a cup size of 35C. It’s probably helped her stay afloat.
8. Rachel Hunter: A Miss She might be hot but the pic’s didn’t bring her much in high stardom. She has only been in independent films (more for the Indie crowd, I’ve only seen a few) and erotic thrillers. I have to laugh at the description of a movie being an erotic thriller. Think about it.
And she’s made small appearances in the Drew Carey Show, Fountain of Wayne’s music video “Stacy’s Mom”, and 2006’s “The Benchwarmers” (awesomely funny movie with a moral) as a hot soccer mom.
9. Jenny McCarthy: A Hit. I always saw her as Carmen’s rival. I’m not sure if they ever actually were but I can just a imagine a cat fight when they both were big in the 1990’s. McCarthy is known as the mom who has a thought about what can cure autism. I’m skeptical of her stance but I am not skeptical of her photos in October 1993 or any other nude photos she’s taken since. She was considered both Playmate of the Year and Playmate of the Month in 1993.
10. Last but not certainly not at all least, Marilyn Monroe. The biggest hit ever! Marilyn is the epiphany of hot, sultry and powerful for the women on the film. She made the first issue of Playboy in December 1953, then sold for 50 cents. Merry Christmas to all those oglers of Miss Monroe in 1953. The reprint was in 1997 and in better resolution. She was a great success before even becoming who we know as Marilyn Monroe. After the photos, more popularity arose of her. I think of her as one of the most popularly photographed women in Hollywood and can definitely see why men wanted her and why women wanted to be her.