Have you ever thought a guy was telling you something that wasn’t the truth? Perhaps the guy told you he was single but you later found out he was in a relationship. Perhaps he told you he had to go visit his grandmother but then you find he was on a date with someone else. Here are ten signs to look for that a guy may be hiding something.
1. He doesn’t want you to post messages on his facebook page. Here is a clear sign that something may be up. He may be dating someone else, and not want that person to see your posts. For example, if you post a picture of the two of you, this girl could see it and he doesn’t want that to happen. Be wary any time a guy tells you not to post anything on facebook.
2. Look at his facebook page. If there are things on there that do not coincide with what he has told you, he may not be telling you the truth. If he tells you he is single, but his status says ‘IN A RELATIONSHIP,’ you have to find out the truth. Often, the guy will put a link to the girl, so you will even be able to find out who she is. Looking at a facebook page can give all sorts of information. If you look at old posts, you may be able to determine facts about things. You could find out, for instance, when a guy stopped dating his last girlfriend, by seeing when he last changed his relationship from IN RELATIONSHIP to SINGLE.
3. The guy was calling you every day, and then two or three days go by without a call. This may tell you that either his interest has dwindled, or that he is getting together with someone else. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but it is definitely a sign that lets you know to keeps your eyes and ears open.
4. A guy doesn’t allow you to come to his home or call his home phone number. This should tell you he has something to hide, such as live in parents or maybe even a wife. This can be a huge red flag!
5. Instead of getting phone calls, Mr. Wonderful starts a texting only phase. This could be because another girl is around and he doesn’t want her to know about you, but he doesn’t want to lose you yet either. He is probably hanging out with and/or dating both of you.
6. When you are with a guy, he turns off his cell phone all the time, or puts the phone on vibrate. This is so you won’t see all the calls he is getting. If there is another woman in the picture, chances are she will call him.
7. When you try to reach your guy, his cell phone goes directly to voice mail, and usually only at certain times or at night. This could either mean he’s married, or that he is dating someone else. Or, he may be cheating on you if the two of you are in a relationship.
8. When you visit your guy’s house, he has no pictures of you around, and the two of you have been dating for two years. This could mean that he either doesn’t care about you as much as he should, or that he wants to keep his options open.
9. Plans seem to get cancelled often, or phone calls are missed. If a guy tells you he will call you on Friday, and he doesn’t call, he may be out with someone else, or at least out, trying to meet someone. Or, if your guy has cancelled Friday date night two weeks in a row, he may be having dates with another female.
Please be aware that all of these are simply signs that someone may not be being upfront with you. They do not necessarily mean a guy is lying or that he his cheating on you. These signs should be used as warnings so that you can find out more information before making any decisions. There could be any number of reasons that one or more of these warning signs could happen without anything going on or being wrong. However, at least you will know what to look for to make sure your guy is being honest and letting you know the truth.