If you are like me you don’t mind cooking for the Thanksgiving holiday; it’s the clean up you can do without. How about letting someone else do the cooking, serving and cleanup this year? Here is a list of some area restaurants who are serving Thanksgiving Dinner in 2009.
1. The Log Cabin and The Delaney House. Both Holyoke restaurants are open for the holiday and serving up a sensational Thanksgiving Buffet menu including a raw oyser and shrimp bar, Roast Turkey, Virginia Ham and Prime Rib carving stations with several seafood entrees and a wide selection of desserts. Try the Log Cabin for parties of six or more and The Delaney House for smaller groups. Priced reasonably at 29 dollars per person and a childrens menu is also available. Service is from 11:30 AM to 4 PM. For more information and full menu see www.logcabin-delaney.com.
2. The Storrowton Tavern. West Springfield. The Tavern is offering up both dining and buffet menus for the holidays including Roast Turkey, Baked Scrod, Pime Rib and all the trimmings. The buffet is a reasonable 23.95 per person with sit down dining prices somewhat higher. A childrens menu is available;. For full menu and reservation information see www.storrowton.com
3. The Federal Restaurant and Bar in nearby Agawam is serving up Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings including Pumpkin Bisque, “fig poppers”, seared sea scaollop hash, as well as a variety of delicious desserts. Best of all if you miss those leftovers the Federal House has a turkey sandwich to go and even a turkey platter to go. Located at 135 Cooper St, the priz fixe three course menu is 38 dollars per person. For a full menu and reservation information see www.thefederalrestaurant.com.
4. Cal’s Woodfired Grill in West Springfield is open on Thanksgiving. Offering a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixins as well as its regular menu, dinner will be served between 12 and 5. Cals is at 1068 Riverdale and you can order a stone pie with your Thanksgiving dinner. For a full menu, prices and reservation information see www.calswoodfiredgrill.com.
5. The School Street Bistro in Westfield, is offering both Thanksgiving sit down and buffet menus. The Turducken special this year is also featured. This delicious Louisiana special is a deboned turkey with an andouille sausage stuffing, then a deboned duck with a cornbread stuffing, followed by a deboned chicken with a light oyster stuffing. The Turducken is sewn together and baked for 13 to 15 hours. The traditional turkey fare is 23.95 per person while the Turducken special is 30 dollars per person, You can also order a special Turducken to go order. Dinner service is from 11:30 to four. Reserve early and for more information see www.schoolstreetbistro.com.
Happy turkey day to all.