Thanksgiving traditions can be very different depending on your culture and your upbringing. But no matter what your traditional Thanksgiving involves, it wouldn’t be perfect without a few certain items. Anything you need to create the perfect Thanksgiving dinner can be found at many online stores such as www.amazon.com or at your local department store.
1. Most turkeys have a timer that pops out when the internal temperature reaches the desired point. I always cook my meats a little more because my family prefers it that way. A meat thermometer is valuable tool when it comes to cooking the perfect Thanksgiving Day turkey. You don’t have to guess if your turkey is done. And anything that can make preparing your Thanksgiving Day dinner easier means less stress in the kitchen and more time to enjoy with your family.
2. Electric Knife is a Thanksgiving essential; it makes carving almost effortless. No one wants to keep their hungry guests waiting while they struggle to carve the turkey with a dull knife.
3. The gravy ladle seems to disappear from our kitchens except for around Thanksgiving and Christmas time. But how else would we indulge ourselves and honor this tradition of plenty by soaking everything in gravy without a gravy ladle?
4. A festive tablecloth can add a splash of color and style to your table. At this time of year the old fold-up tables are dusted off and pulled out of the garage, they can be dressed up and made to match the rest of your Thanksgiving holiday theme by purchasing several of the same or coordinating tablecloths.
5. The turkey baster is a cooking essential for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving Day turkey. No one likes a dry turkey and by keeping the juices flowing around the turkey while it is cooking will prevent drying out.
6. Lots of large pots should be on hand for boiling potatoes and other veggies. If you have a large family, like I do then sometimes you need 2 or more large pots just to boil the potatoes to make mashed potatoes.
7. A large platter is a necessity for serving the Thanksgiving main dish, whether it be turkey, ham or roast beef. Whatever your family decides to share during the holidays should be brought to the table displayed on a platter. Holiday platters are also good items to hand down to your children when they are grown up and cooking for their family during the holidays.
8. Lots of butter is not only a cooking essential, but a Thanksgiving essential as well. Nothing is worse than running out of butter when you are trying to prepare mashed potatoes or a pie crust and having to stop what you are doing and run to the store. I always buy 2 large tubs of butter for the Thanksgiving season; one for cooking and one for serving.
9. Sugar is a necessity in the kitchen for sweet tea and sweet treats. Thanksgiving is about bounty and having lots of different foods and desserts to choose from we are honoring the tradition. Get the kids to help make a few of the desserts and you are sure to make some Thanksgiving memories as well. Make sure you don’t use all of your sugar the night before Thanksgiving making a Sweet Potato Casserole.
10. Don’t forget the Cool Whip. You can make it yourself but why dirty another mixing bowl to make a whipped topping when you can just open a plastic tub of it already prepared?