The popularity of marble floors has grown immensely in the past few years. The benefits of marble tiles in your home outweigh the extra cost they may be compared to other flooring options by a long shot. There is no denying that this is an excellent investment for your home in whatever room or rooms you decide to put them in and it can make a world of difference in the return you could receive compared to other options. I will outline some of the benefits of this beautiful flooring option for your home.
1. Not only are marble floor tiles as excellent investment, their beauty is unsurpassed compared to some other flooring options you may be considering. Marble flooring is not only limited to the kitchen and bathrooms, it can also be used in almost any other room in your home. Area rugs can be used to tie the pattern of the marble into the other design elements in the room. A living room or family room with marble flooring and accent area rugs can become something to be desired in your room decor.
2. The low maintenance factor of marble flooring in your home is a definite benefit for you. Cleaning is easy if done on a regular basis and with minimal care.
3. Versatility is another benefit in the use of marble tiles. Not only can you use it for your floors, it can also be used for shower walls, tub surrounds and vanity counter tops. It adds a sense of class to your bathroom decor. It’s practical, attractive and a very good option for surfaces in your bathroom that will last for years to come. Taking the marble tiles into your office can give your decor a unique look. Not only is it a good value for your money, it may give that office a new look of distinction, something just a little bit out of the ordinary.
4. One of the greatest benefits of marble flooring, which I was totally unaware of, was its health benefits. It saves your house from bacteria by keeping the bacteria away. This natural stone marble can keep your home free from pathogens and allergens. It has the natural ability to keep away microscopic particles which cause germs, when properly maintained.
5. Durability is another benefit of marble floor tiles. It can withstand huge traffic and repetitive use. It will easily last 2 to 5 years longer then other flooring options. It’s resistant to moisture so cleaning spills is very simple. It has stain resistant properties also, but spills should be dealt with as quickly as possible and with the proper cleaners.
6. Marble does not absorb heat so your floors will remain cool on hot summer days.
Considering these benefits that marble floor tiles offer, I feel it as an option that should definitely be considered for your next floor remodeling projects.
For more information on the benefits and ideas for marble floor tiles, check out your local home building and remodeling centers. Better Homes and Gardens website also can give you some ideas on marble floor tiles, as well as marbleflooring.com.