The holiday season is fast approaching and it’s time to break out the Christmas decorations. That means hanging up the Snowmen hand towels, putting out the cinnamon spice potpourri, setting up Rudolph the Reindeer on the lawn, and hanging up the Christmas lights! Whether it’s your tradition to hang up a simple string of mini lights or having a full out Winter Wonderland light display, the following is a list of the Most Popular Christmas Lights available this holiday season.
1. LED Lights– The popular trend in Christmas lighting this season is using LED lights. They are reported to last over 50,000 hours and use 80% less electricity than traditional Christmas lights. So it’s easy to have a great lawn display while helping out the environment and your electricity bill. Also, these new technologically advanced bulbs work even if one of them on the string burns out. Brookstone offers their multi-colored C7 Oversized LED Christmas Tree Lights this season at $14.95. These lights are designed with a flame-tipped bulb which gives an extra bright illumination. Check them out at www.brookstone.com
2. Net Lights– Do you get a pain in your stomach just thinking about dragging out last year’s bag of Christmas lights because untangling those wires and ropes will take all day? Why not try out Net Lights which is a blanket of lights that do not get tangled. They are really easy to use and look great on bushes, windows, doors, or wrapped around tree trunks or evergreens. You can buy an 8′ x 12′ blanket of Christmas Net Lights for $29.99 at www.improvementscatalog.com
3. Icicle Lights– Another popular light to string up this holiday season are icicle lights. These are very aesthetically pleasing and really bring in the spirit of the winter holiday by evoking that sense of snow and ice. You can get icicle lights in many colors and sizes. Last year the hot trend was to use blue icicle lights and it will continue into this season as well. You can order a set of 70 LED pure white and blue icicle lights at www.christmaslightsetc.com for $24.95.
4. Mini Lights– Something about twinkling mini lights in the cold, winter air makes the holiday season come alive. They look like brilliant little stars that have fallen from the sky. Mini lights are a great addition to your outdoor holiday decorations because of their illuminating glow. And you can get twice as many for less than the price of a single strand of regular C7 or C9 lights. You can get a 100 mini twinkling lights for just $13.95 at www.christmaslightsetc.com.
5. Rope Lights– Rope lights are a popular lighting fixture during the holiday seasons as well. They are flexible, don’t tangle, and are easy to put up. They look great along the edges of your roof or lined along your walkways. They can be from 18′ and up and have connector ends to make your lighted strands even longer. You can purchase a 18′ rope light at www.amazon.com for $14.99.