There are not too many of us women out there who purchase new fashions every season. We may pick up an item or two to add a little freshness or update our wardrobe, but many of our summer fashions can be brought into the fall season very easily. Here are a few tips on how to make the summer into fall conversion in a womens wardrobe quite simple and still be stylish at the same time.
1. Let’s start with that basic tank top. Many of us, including me, own a lot of these, in a lot of different colors. These tanks can easily be slipped under a jacket, blouse or sweater for wearing into the fall season. They can be worn casually with a pair of your favorite blue jeans and a jean jacket, or to the office with a blazer and a skirt or dress pants. Some of our tank tops, depending on style, can even be converted into a vest and worn over a blouse or turtleneck for a layered look, which is always popular in the cooler months.
2. Those cropped pants can be worn into fall with just the change of a shoe. Shed the sandals and opt for a mule or clog for fall. Add a blouse or top with a sleeve, and your crop pants will take you to at least Halloween in the cooler climates, even longer in the warmer areas of our country. If you liked wearing tank tops with your crops, now is the time to add that jacket or shirt to complete the look for the fall season. With your darker colored crop pants, you may want to put a tight on in a matching color for wearing to the office. Add a nice sweater, and you will be set for the whole autumn season.
3. That sleeveless summer dress can easily be worn into fall with the addition of a little sweater, or one of your camp shirts, if the fabric isn’t too lightweight. If it’s a tank style dress, put a tee shirt under it for a jumper look. If you want to change the style of the dress even more, add a belt. Chain belts and rope belts are always nice options to add to your waistline. Instead of going barelegged in the fall, you may want to wear a pair of nice tights to compliment your fall look.
4. Adding a vest over a summer tee and wearing it with your summer khaki’s will give you more mileage out of both of these summer fashion basics. Add a fall shoe and handbag and your set for another season.
5. Accessories, accessories, accessories! Belts, scarves, handbags, and jewelry all can add new life to lasts seasons wardrobe and extend its life. Accessories are a great way to add style to a ho hum fashion look. Perk up that white summer blouse by adding a bright scarf over the shoulder or around the neck , add a fashion earring, and your set for anything a fall day may bring.
When the end of summer is around the corner and fall is peeping its head out among colorful falling leaves, no need to head to the mall and purchase a new wardrobe, just reshuffle that clothes closet and revamp what you already own by using some of these tips I have given you.
Source: My own personal style adventure