The magnificent rock group Boston achieved national fame and major radio air play and fame in the 1970’s and beyond. This band was one of kind and far beyond their time, in my opinion. Band founder Tom Scholz and lead vocalist Brad Delp propelled this band to stardom, along with their other talented band mates. Their sound was pure rock with a progressive edge that was unheard of at the time of this band’s union. I loved this band. Here is my top 10 best Boston songs list. These songs are my personal favorites.
1. More Than A Feeling. This song was on the debut Boston album and it was unforgettable. A beautiful song with a melody that seemed to come from heaven above or beyond. It described that lovely feeling of hearing a song and being instantly transported to a memory of love. Bittersweet and memorable. This song has a great beat, softness and beauty. A rare achievement in the 1970’s. A classic Boston song. One of their best.
2. Peace Of Mind. This song states the dream of being peaceful, in harmony and free. A peaceful state of mind is what everyone wants. What a great song and it states it’s meaning perfectly. A beautiful musical journey of harmony.
3. Foreplay/Long Time. A memorable and classic Boston song. A guitar intro that leads perfectly into the song. A building work of music that makes a marriage of ultimate rock. Time doesn’t wait for anyone and this song addresses that fact with brilliance and hope. This song musically says we must move along with the flow of time and life. This is one of my favorite top 10 best Boston songs. It is perfect. The sound of this song, the great effects made me realize this band was far ahead of modern recording technology. They still did a fantastic job. Bravo!
4. Rock And Roll Band. Ah, what a classic rock song. This brings all of us into the fold and tells us all about performing live. Hey, there is a lot of stress and pressure on bands to perform perfectly every single show. We love it and do appreciate it. Really.
5. A Man I’ll Never Be. We can relate to this. This is such an emotional and deep song. A quest for perfection and love and the actual human side of it. A song that tugs at the heart and finds the mark expertly.
6. Don’t Look Back. This song shows Boston at it’s finest. A take off beginning and it never stops climbing. A perfect example of the progressive talent of this band. What a brilliant song. It is one of Boston’s best songs.
7. Amanda. I loved the band Boston and I kept progressing with them, through all of the hardships, lawsuits and whatnot. When I purchased the album Third Stage, I was absolutely delighted. True, the spirit of the music seemed to be a bit more laid back and subdued. Still, all bands progress and I moved with the groove. Amanda is an absolutely beautiful song. It is romantic, deep and it is and was a hit. Enough said. Great tune and a must hear for all Boston fans.
8. Cool the Engines. A great rock song that is fun, different and it has a progressive Boston flavor that captivated me. This rock song is fresh and creative. An enjoyable song.
9. Can’t You Say You Believe In Me. This heart wrenching and lovely song reaches into a Boston fan’s heart and captures it. Period. A wonderful tune.
10. Smokin’. This classic Boston top ten best song is amazing. Great guitars, vocals, drums and everything. A fun loving and rocking tune that sums up this band’s cool style. A party song with flavor.
Boston is a band that is a bit hard to describe. That is a good thing. It only showcases the progressive and far beyond their time talent. What an unforgettable band. I still hear their music played daily on classic rock radio stations. That says it all. And it is all good. The tragedies and triumphs of this band all testify to their strength. Boston fans remember the good times and celebrate them. Always. Many of these songs can be found on the Boston Greatest hits CD. You can also visit the bandboston.com web site for more information.