If you are planning a trip to Disneyland in Southern California, you’ve probably already realized that packing for your Disneyland vacation is going to take some time and thought. Deciding which items to bring and which to leave at home can require more effort than you were expecting. You want to be sure that you have everything you need when you get to Disneyland, while at the same time, you don’t want to carry unnecessary items along on your trip. If you need a rundown of the top 10 things to pack for your Disneyland vacation, this guide is for you!
1. Obviously, clothes are your top priority when packing for your trip to Disneyland. Cut down on unnecessary clothing items in your luggage by checking weather forecasts for Anaheim ahead of time. You can get a 10 day weather forecast on the Weather Channel’s website. Weather in Anaheim is not unpredictable, and shorts can be worn much of the year. Just check your forecast, and pack accordingly. Don’t forget to pack bathing suits if you’re planning on utilizing the hotel pool!
2. The second most important thing on your list, assuming that you don’t need to be reminded to pack items like money, your cell phone, or identification, are your Disneyland tickets. No point in traveling to the happiest place on earth if you won’t be able to get inside once you arrive! Keep your tickets in a place that’s safe, and easy to access.
3. Next up: medications. Medical conditions and corresponding medications aren’t always what one first thinks of when they think of Disneyland, but if you or anyone in your group requires them, you clearly don’t want to be caught without them. If nobody in your group requires prescription medications, be sure to still pack comfort items like pain reliever or allergy medicine. It’s not uncommon for travelers to Disneyland to find they’ve contracted a cold during their flight once they hit the park ready for fun, so consider packing some cold medicine, just in case.
4. Be sure to pack all necessary toiletries. You don’t want to spend $10 on a toothbrush inside the Disneyland Resort simply because you forgot yours at home, and it’s unlikely that you’ll feel like finding a way to the nearest grocery store to purchase one, either. Toiletries are important enough that you should really consider making a list and checking items off as you pack them.
5. Which leads us to our next item on the list: sunblock. Don’t underestimate how much time you’ll likely be spending in full sun during your Disneyland vacation. Take it from somebody with personal experience on the matter; a sunburn at Disneyland can really take away from the magic. Additionally, you probably will get ample use out of hats and sunglasses, so pack these items as well.
6. Camera, batteries, memory cards. If you use rechargeable batteries, also pack your battery charger. While we’re on the subject of electronics, don’t forget to pack your cell phone battery charger.
7. If you’ve decided to utilize RideMax in order to avoid long lines at Disneyland, don’t forget to pack your printed itinerary.
8. Consider packing a few plastic trash bags or gallon sized Ziploc bags for dirty clothes. The trash bags can be used for general dirty clothes, and the Ziploc bags are perfect in case you must travel home with any wet clothing items. Additionally, the Ziploc bags are great for any Disneyland treats you might decide to bring home.
9. Pack a small first aid kit. It doesn’t have to be fancy; a simple Ziploc bag will suffice. Include items like Band-aids, Neosporin, etc.
10. Last but not least, pack your illness-preventing items. You’ll be coming into contact with tens of thousands of people during your Disneyland vacation, and chances are, some of them are sick. So be sure to pack a bottle of hand sanitizer, and perhaps even some preventative supplements such as Vitamin C and Echinacea.
Disneyland is a lot of fun, and your visit will be even better if you remember to pack everything you needed!