When the New Year comes around, many people make their New Year’s resolution a weight loss plan. The bad part about making a resolution to losing weight is that most of the time people stick with this plan for only a short period of time. This resolution usually means hitting the gym for a month, it gets old, you quit and then get stuck paying for a year’s membership.
Thankfully we live in a time where you can get a great work out in your own house. You can even have your own virtual fitness coach by throwing a DVD video game into your game console. There’s nothing better than working out in the privacy of your own home, and having your accomplishments automatically logged.
If you have Nintendo Wii, there are many fitness games that can really help you meet your fitness goals and accomplishments. Here are the top 10 fitness video games on the market:
1. Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 – ($39.99) You can find over 18 core exercises which include cardio and strength training. It’s a one on one training experience that you can’t pass up. Jillian Michaels is known for helping people get the results they want, but it’s not an easy way out. So, if you are up to the challenge, this would be a great fitness video game for you.
2. My Fitness Coach – ($17.99) This game offers a virtual personal trainer and intense fitness programs which can be customized to your needs.
3. Daisy Fuentes Pilates – ($19.99) This is a great interactive Pilates experience that has 10 core-strengthening exercises that are meant to strengthen your muscles. These fitness video games also give you dieting tips and assistance with life changes when it comes to your health and fitness.
4. EA Sports Bundle- ($59.99) This game has a large variety of exercises, levels of expertise, a virtual trainer and a diary to keep track of consumed foods, and activities completed throughout the day.
5. Gold’s Gym Cardio Workout ($19.99) This fitness video game which provides you with your own personal trainer. This video game says that you will get in shape quickly and have fun doing it. The Gold’s Gym cardio also tracks your progress and maintains a calendar of exercises and training.
6. Biggest Loser – ($39.99) This game helps with putting a little fun into losing weight. There are a series of structured workouts and weekly challenges, weigh-ins and eliminations just like you’d watch on the popular television show “The Biggest Loser.” You can even create your own workouts. The video game also has a progress tracker and a diet program to really help you with the weight loss success.
7. Yoga The First 100% Experience- ($39.99) This video game helps a yoga beginner learn new poses and a new lifestyle to bring relaxation and strength into your life. It’s a great way to discover the wonderful world of yoga.
8. Your Shape by Jenny McCarthy – ($69.99) This video game inspires and motivates you to get in shape, and gives you a workout partner for encouragement. There are many different exercises you can work out with, and get feedback while doing them.
9. Wii Fit – ($80.00) This bundle includes a Wii fit board which allows the video game to measure your BMI and weight. This gaming experience gives you a great planner to set up your own workout plan. The game offers strength training, yoga and sports game. It’s the best of all worlds, and it will keep you entertained and in shape.
10. Activision Big League Sports – ($29.00) This great game offers a different type of fitness, it gives you a great workout while playing your favorite virtual sports. This is a true experience of getting in shape and having fun while doing it.
You can purchase any of these video games at www.gamestop.com, Walmart, Target or any other video game store.