Being a mom is a full-time job, and there are times when you just need to get your hands free. Baby carriers are great. They allow you to complete chores, take care of other children, exercise, and even hike! They are also a lot more convenient then pushing around a heavy, bulky stroller everywhere. There are many options available as far as baby carriers go. I have reviewed five of the best.
1. Baby Bjorn Synergy – My husband is a huge fan of the Bjorn carrier. He would never wear a wrap or a sling in public, but he likes the way the Bjorn looks. The Bjorn Synergy has great support for your back and shoulders. It is very comfortable to carry, and a noticeable improvement from the original Bjorn. The Bjorn is made of a mesh material so it is lightweight and breathable so you and your baby don’t get too hot. It has good head and neck support for a younger baby who is facing inward, and the support can be folded down for baby who is facing outward. It is very easy to put on, take off, and remove a sleeping baby from.
2. Moby Wrap – I was uneasy about putting my baby in a wrap at first. I just felt like I might not wrap it tight enough and my baby would fall to the ground. My friend told me that her sister had a Moby Wrap. I looked it up, and it looked pretty secure to me. I decided to give it a try, and I fell in love! It takes a little time to get used to tying it on, but once you’ve figured it out it isn’t hard at all. It goes over both shoulders and covers your back so you are supported very well, and there isn’t any back pain. It’s lightweight and a good option for having your hands free to do chores around the house. You can position baby in a variety of ways, but he feels very safe and secure. This wrap comes in many colors, and it looks very stylish.
3. Ergo Baby Carrier – This is quite possibly the most comfortable baby carrier there is. The baby held in a seated position which results from weight being distributed between his hips and thighs. This makes the baby feel safe and nestled, and it’s good for his spine. For parents, the carrier features thick padding around the waist and on the shoulders. It evenly distributes baby’s weight and creates almost no pressure or strain for the adult. It is great for bigger babies or when you need to carry your baby for long periods of time. It has a sleeping hood attached so baby can feel safe and secure during nap time. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns so there are lots of options.
4. Ellaroo Mei Hip Baby Carrier – This hip carrier is a great carrier for older babies who can hold their heads up well. It is very easy to get on and off. It puts all of baby’s weight on your hips instead of your back and shoulders. It has a think waist and shoulder strap. It provides a lot of direct contact with baby, which helps with bonding. The carrier is made of cotton so it’s breathable and comfortable for you and baby.
5. Evenflo’s 3 in 1 Snugli By My Side – This carrier has a fully padded seat for baby so it’s very comfortable. It also has a padded backrest and head support. Baby can be carried on your hip, face in, or face out. It provides a lot of convenience for parents. It has a cup holder and a storage pocket to hold various items such as keys, diapers, etc. It also has rings that you can attach toys or pacifiers to. This carrier has a waist band for support in addition to a thick shoulder strap to provide comfort for you. The best thing about this carrier is the low price. It is very affordable compared to most other baby carriers.
Hopefully this guide will make it easy for you to choose the baby carrier that suits you best.