The world is full of places where families can vacation and the kids can have a lot of fun.Europe, Australia, the Caribbean are packed with adventure and fun. So too, places in the US such as the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, and Yellowstone offer visual wonder and outdoor experiences.
New England offers history packed sightseeing, Alaska offers unforgettable wilderness excursions, and cities such as New York, Washington DC, and Chicago provide metropolitan shopping and dining, world class museums, zoos, and big buildings.
Those are all great but the thing is this- more than seeing stuff kids want to do stuff. There’s time for educational vacations later in life; for now give the kids good old fun for great childhood memories. Here are my top 5 picks in the United States where kids and their parents can do a lot of fun stuff.
1. Orlando: Orlando is the place to be for fun. Experience Disney World with its six parks and more. Pick one of many packages, meal plan and all. Staying on-site is only way to go. You could spend months at Disney world alone but if you have time get out and visit Universal Studios, Sea World, or any number of other attractions in Orlando and surrounding areas. You can do Disney World on any about any reasonable budget.
2. Los Angeles: Disney Land, Hollywood, the beach, and a day trip to San Diego zoo and Sea World makes for a fun vacation that all kids will enjoy. There are plenty of hotels in Los Angeles.
3. Myrtle Beach: Resorts, beaches, swimming pools,lazy rivers, amusement parks and more offer families a first rate vacation. If you want to add a little education drive down to beautiful Charleston and see where the Civil War began at Fort Sumter.
4. Branson: Swimming, Table Rock boating, skiing, and fishing, go-karts, mini-golf, shows, and all the fixin’s add up to a fun filled family frenzy. Take a dinner and show ride on the Branson Belle show boat or enjoy a few hours at the new shopping and dining area; The Landing. There’s a big Bass Pro Shop too.
5. Honolulu: White sand beaches, body surfing in the waves, submarine rides off Waikiki (I got seasick on the boatride out to the sub), snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, parasailing above the deep blue water, paddling an outrigger canoe, and dancing at a luau offer everything kids could ever want in a Hawaii vacation. They love the long plane ride over too.
If you want a little education then visit Pearl Harbor and see where America’s involvement in World War II began. Drive to the OahuNorth Shore and see the massive waves and crazy surfers. Watch your kids though; those waves are for professionals only.
Where ever you go-make it fun, fun, fun, fun.