My Top Ten Christmas Movies of All Time
Christmas is almost here and for me that means movie time. Movies are magigal especially durning Christmas. I love going to movies on Christmas Day and watching Christmas movies throughout the holiday season. Therefore, here is my top 10 Christmas movies of all time.
1. It’s a Wonderful Life: This Christmas movie is a true Christmas classic. It’s a Wonderful Life stars Jimmy Stewart as George Baily as an average Joe who is feeling sorry for himself so he wonders what the world would be like if he didn’t exist. He gets his wish and he realizes that his life is great and that he has a wonderful life. It’s a Wonderful Life makes my my top 10 Christmas movie list because this move has the message of love and not taking what we have for grated. Also, this film shows is that everyone is important. This is also my favorite Jimmy Stewart film.
2. A Christmas Carol: This Christmas movie is based on the novel by Charles Dickens and tells the story of Ebenezer Scooge who cares about only himself. He goes to bed Christmas Eve and is visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future. Each ghost shows Scooge how his life was, how his life is, and how is life will be if he doesn’t change his attitude. At the end of the night, Scooge realizes that he has been a bit of a grinch and he changes his tune. This movie makes my top ten Christmas list because it shows that there is good in everybody.
3.How the Grinch Stole Christmas: This Christmas classic movie was based on a book by Dr. Seuss. It tells the story of a Grinch that hates Christmas so much that he tries to steal it with the help of his dog Max. He takes all of the Whos Christmas goodies; however Christmas still comes and the Whos down in Whoville still celebrate Christmas minus all of the trimmings. Therefore, the Grinch realizes that Christmas isn’t about material possessions and returns everything and eats dinner with the Whos. This movie makes the list because it celebrates the true meaning of Christmas which is friendship.
4.Miracle on 34th Street: This Christmas movie involves believing in Santa Claus at any age. The story is about a man who works as a department store Santa and he tells this little girl that he is Santa Claus. Nobody belives the little girl and he goes on trial for thinking he is Santa Claus. However, at the end, people believe he is the real Santa Claus. This movie makes the list because it asks us to suspend reality and to believe in magic and fantasy.
5. Three Days: This Christmas movie deals with second chances. Three Days tells the story of high school sweethearts whoose marriage has gone sour. After a fight, beth leaves and gets run over by a car, then an angel tells Andrew that he can have the previous three days back weith his wife. However, after the three days, Beth will still get hit by a car. Andrew steps in front of the car and saves Beth and he wakes from a coma and their marriage is given a second change. This Christmas movie made the top ten Christmas movies because Christmas is about love and second chances.
6. Christmas Vacation: This Christmas movie has Chevy Chase as Clark Griswald trying to plan the perfect Christmas for his family. Let the comedy begin. I choose this Christmas movie because nothing is funnier than mixing Chevy Chase and Christmas.
7. A Christmas Story: This is a modern Christmas classic. A Christmas Story takes us back to the 1950s and Ralphie’s desire to get a Red Rider B-B gun. I picked this Christmas movie because it makes me feel like a kid again wanting the perfect Christmas present.
8.Borrowed Hearts: A journey to true love is the theme of Christmas movie. Sam is a lonely business man who needs to borrow a family for Christmas to close a business deal. A twist of fate bring Katherine and Zoey into his life. What follows can only be described as magical. This movie makes the favorite Christmas movie list because it is about geeting something that you never knew you wanted and living happily ever after.
9. Eloise at Christmas Time: This Christmas movie is about a spunky little girl at Christmas in New York City. Eloise lives with her Granny in a hotel and it is time to celebrate the season. Therefore, it is time for Eloise to decorate, shop, drive all the hotel staff crazy, and rekindle a romance. This Christmas movie makes the list because it is charming and stars Julie Andrews.
10. A Very Brady Christmas: The Brady kids are all grown up and come home for Christmas. I picked this movie because Christmas and the Brady Bunch mix nicely.