I love my life. I try to thank God everyday, because I know that I am truly and deeply blessed. Thanksgiving is a wonderful opportunity to take time to actually think about what I’m thankful for. It is an opportunity to sit down and review the ways that God has blessed me one by one. This year I have so much to be thankful for, and I would like to share some of these things with you.
1. My husband – I have been given the most amazing husband. This is our first Thanksgiving together since we’ve been married. He truly is the perfect man for me. I’m so glad that God sent him to me so early in my life so I didn’t have to spend years searching. He is my best friend. We have so much fun together. We laugh and enjoy life. He takes pleasure in providing for our son and me. He is always asking what we need and want while putting his own desires on the back burner. He lifts me up. He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. Most importantly, he leads his family in our spiritual walk. He prays constantly, and he listens to the voice of God. He doesn’t make important decisions without consulting first the Holy Spirit and then me. How fortunate I am to have such a wonderful man of God as my companion!
2. My son – I never knew how much love I was capable of feeling until I held this little boy in my arms. This year is also his first Thanksgiving and I’m so thankful that God blessed me with this treasure. I have a healthy beautiful child who loves me. I am so lucky to be his mommy. I’m thankful for everyday that I get to hold him, feed him, play with him, and care for him. It is the most amazing feeling in the world to watch him grow and hit various milestones. I can’t believe that I actually created this amazing human being. He makes our family complete. He hasn’t been here long, but I can’t imagine life without him.
3. My parents and sister – I have such a supportive family. I have grown up and started my own family, but they are still there for me. They love me and my husband and they adore my son. They are quick to give everything they can think of that we may want or need. I’m a grown woman and I’m still being spoiled. My parents still tell me that I can be anything that I want to be. They believe in me. They will help me out anyway that they possibly can. My dad always tells me to think how much I love my son, because that’s how much he loves me. That’s a lot of love. My sister is still growing up, but she is such an intelligent, beautiful young lady. I love to talk with her and have “sister time.” I’m so thankful that God decided that I would be born into this loving family.
4. My in-laws – I’m very thankful for all of my in-laws: my mother and father-in-law, my three sister-in-laws, my four brother-in-laws, my three nieces, and my two nephews. God gave me a wonderful family by birth and then he did it again by marriage. These people are truly a blessing in my life. They have helped me grow closer to the Lord and introduced me to the Holy Ghost. My nieces and nephews are so adorable. They are some of the funnest most intelligent kids that I know. I have developed a deep friendship with my sister-in-laws. I love them to death. I am so thankful that all sides of my family are wonderful people that I love and adore being around.
5. Financial Stability – In a time when economic situations are shaky for many families I am blessed that God chose to give my husband a promotion this year. I’m blessed that my husband’s job provides well enough that I’m able to stay home and care for our son. We are not rich, but we have a nice place to live, clothes on our backs, food in our kitchen, and two cars to drive. That is a lot. I don’t need anything. I have everything that I could ever ask for or care about.
There are so many more things to be thankful for education, freedom, etc., but the aforementioned things are the most important to me. They are the blessings that I treasure and thank God for everyday. I don’t know what I did to find favor with God, but he has given me so much. I am thankful everyday, but on Thanksgiving this year these are the things I will be shouting praises for.