Soon we will be dragging the Christmas tree box up from the basement or out from the garage and will have to put it up in the room that it will be best displayed in. But then after we put the Christmas tree up we have to decorate it with pretty ornaments. Well if you are like me and are on a tight budget this Christmas you probably can’t afford to buy ornaments that are five to ten dollars or more each. So I have listed five stores that offer a nice selection of cute Christmas ornaments.
5. Kohl’s – Kohl’s has a beautiful selection of Christmas ornaments and while some can be pretty pricey they usually run good sales on them. But here is what you do go to Kohls’ online store and they have a promotion that if you enter your email address they will send you a one time $5 off any $5 purchase or more coupon that is only good in a Kohl’s store. So you have everyone in your household go to there website and enter in each email address that they have. You can’t do it all at one time though you have to make a separate trip to their website to enter in each email address. Then you have to wait about 10 days for them to email your coupon. They only take one coupon per customer per visit to their store, but if you give each family member a few dollars cash and each one a coupon you just have to pick out an ornament that costs at least five dollars and then use the coupon and pay next to nothing for a high quality ornament that is very beautiful. If you can’t find one that is only $5 or just a little over that you might have to find two that cost like almost $3 each or a little over $3 each and then present your coupon and you’ll end up getting 2 ornaments for probably less than $2. Another way to get these coupons is to buy them on ebay. A set of 20 of these $5 off coupons are selling for less than $2 right now with free shipping because usually right after the seller receives cleared payment they will email you the coupons and you will have print them each off separately, and it will save everyone’s email addresses from being cluttered with sales emails from Kohl’s.
4. Dollar General – Dollar General has many cute plastic, wooden, and ceramic Christmas ornaments for $1 and $2 each. It will be easy for you to stock up on beautiful ornaments to decorate your Christmas tree without breaking the bank.
3. Kmart – Kmart is a wonderful store that offers a great selection of cheap but beautiful Christmas ornaments. Many of their ornaments are less than $3 each regular price and they might even have a sale on them to get so much percentage of each ornament.
2. Dollar Tree – You gotta love Dollar Tree. Absolutely everything in Dollar Tree is a dollar or less and they usually have a huge selection of Christmas decorations and ornaments that are high quality and use to cost several dollars at a different store but were discontinued to make room for newer ornaments. They will have many nice ornaments that are wooden, plastic, glass, or ceramic and have plenty of cute images. You might find a mouse wearing a Santa hat with a plate full of cookies in it’s tiny hands or a Santa Claus that is beautifully painted with a bag full of goodies on his back. My suggestion is to have Dollar Tree be one of your first stops on your endeavor to find the perfect inexpensive ornaments.
1. Walmart – Walmart is a given when it comes to reasonable prices on just about anything. They have sets of tiny Christmas ornaments for just a dollar or two, so it would be easy to buy a few of those in different styles, then buy some of their bigger ornaments and make your tree a beautiful creation this holiday season.
Remember that every store eventually drastically marks down their ornaments at the end of the Christmas season, so if you have a few spare dollars go to your favorite retailer and stock up for the next Christmas season. Also you can try garage sales, they usually have gently used Christmas ornaments, some are even new in the package with the price sticker intact, that they’re selling for only a fraction of the original cost. Another route to go is to check out your local www.freecycle.org to see if anyone is willing to give away their Christmas ornaments completely free. Well Happy Holidays everyone and hope this guide helps you have a frugal but memorable Christmas tree.