Do you know Santa’s address in the North Pole? You can drop off your letters to Santa and get a reply back!
Part of the magic of Christmas for any child is writing a letter to Santa. Many times children will leave a letter to Santa with the milk and cookies under the tree. Did you know that there is an official address for Santa where you can not only send a letter to Santa Claus, but your child can receive a letter from Santa Claus that will have a North Pole cancellation on the envelope?
This is a service operated by the United States Postal Service–
The United States Postal service offers these tips to children who want to send mail to Santa-
• Please don’t send goodies to Santa – he prefers to find them near the tree when he delivers your gifts.
• It is important that you put your return address including your zip code on your letter
• Don’t put any extra string or ribbon on the letter
Steps to receive a reply back from Santa- The USPS offers the following advice-
• Parents, guardians and other Santa’s helpers write a response from Santa to your child
• Mail it in a second envelope to the official address below
• Postal “elves at the nearby North Pole Post Office will open the envelopes, postmark Santa’s reply letters and mail them back to the children they are addressed to.”
• After writing Santa’s response letter to your child or other recipient, place it in a stamped envelope addressed to the person you want to receive the letter from Santa.
• “Santa, North Pole, Alaska,” should be included as the return address in the upper left corner of the envelope.
• This envelope should then be placed into a larger, properly stamped First-Class Mail or Priority Mail envelope with your correct return address and mailed to:
North Pole Christmas Cancellation
5400 Mail Trail
Fairbanks AK 99709-9998
North Pole postmark requests must arrive in Fairbanks, AK, before Dec. 15. Please mail your request by
“Customers interested in obtaining the North Pole Postmark on greeting cards should mail them to the address above, following the same directions. Please make sure that the stamped envelopes are sealed and contain cards or other inserts (empty envelopes can be damaged by high-speed sorting equipment).
Make this Christmas especially magical for your child by writing a letter to Santa and then getting a letter back! It only takes a little extra help from ‘Santa’s Helpers’ to make that happen.”
Other organizations who have participated in Letters to Santa (some are drop off only-no reply)—
“SANTA’S MAIL BAG” 2009
“Christmas is fast approaching and with that comes children’s wish lists. The 354 OSS/OSW (Weather Station) at Eielson AFB is now accepting “Dear Santa” letters! A postage paid self-addressed envelope is required with each child’s letter. All letters received by 25 December 2009 will be answered!”
ATTN: 354 OSS/OSW
1215 FLIGHTLINE AVE
EIELSON AFB AK 99702
Santa Claus, Indiana
“Over 30,000 letters are answered each year by the Santa’s Elves, who are assisted by the Christmas Lake Village Garden Club, local senior citizens, and other yuletide volunteers. The Christmasy letters and envelopes are printed and contributed each year by Patricia Koch’s family’s business Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, formerly Santa Claus Land.
Children wishing to write to Santa should address their letters to: Santa Claus, P.O. Box 1, Santa Claus, IN 47579. Koch urges parents to check that a legible return address is included. Donations to help pay postage costs may be sent to the same address.”
Macy’s will donate $1to the Make-a-Wish Foundation for every letter dropped off to Santa
City of San Juan Capistrano Letters to Santa
Irvine, California Heritage Park Community Center and Turtle Rock Community Park
Be An Elf
Operation Letter to Santa
Click 2 Mail
Jupiter Florida Parks and Recreation
Elf Magic Retail Locations throughout the United States